Some people have opinions, and some people have convictions......! What we offer is PERSPECTIVE!

(For example!)

THE LEFT WING IS CRAZY. THE RIGHT WING SCARES THE SHIT OUT OF ME!

Saturday 24 April 2021

Saturday Morning Confusion: Why do people go to Canada instead of the United States?

 Allan:

As a Canadian who liven in LA from 2001 to 2010, I only went as I was offered my dream job. Though I returned to Canada voluntarily. I had a NAFTA listed skill and I was able to move there very easily. Most Canadians do not because their life is just as good in Canada. There is no pressing need for them to move there as they will not see any improvement in their lifestyle. Plus, for Canadians who do not have a NAFTA listed occupation immigration to the USA is no easier than for anyone else.

As well, while I made more money in the USA, the far higher cost of my medical care (I was in my 50s) ate up almost all the extra money I made. I merely went for the really interesting job and the nicer winters.

I came back for family reasons and because the first-ever job in the Vancouver area that was almost my dream job came open. I made a little less but saved it by paying next to nothing for medical and paying less for rent and using way less fuel in much shorter commuting.

Really Americans. Your country is pretty decent but in many ways, Canadians feel on average that Canada is better. The news that comes out of the USA (We get all the major US channels) scares most Canadians and lately, the leadership of the US makes us feel unwelcome.


Jimmy Mack



No comments:

Post a Comment