Some people have opinions, and some people have convictions......! What we offer is PERSPECTIVE!

(For example!)

THE LEFT WING IS CRAZY. THE RIGHT WING SCARES THE SHIT OUT OF ME!

Saturday 24 August 2024

As an American who actually moved to Canada, how would you rate the decision and why?

If you're in the 50% who are reasonably sane... your best bet would be to move north!!!!!!!!

Allan

I am pleased with the decision. My Canadian neighbourhood has been accepting and genuinely friendly. I have been more than pleasantly surprised at the healthcare system. 

It works much better than what I was used to in the States, and pharmaceuticals are far, far less expensive in Canada, in some instances by a multiple of 10 times less expensive. 

The taxes are certainly higher, of course, I pay full US taxes before “topping up” in Canada, but it is costing me more tax dollars. 

The healthcare system seems a fair offset though. Not being concerned about illness or injury costing me my 401K has been a big relief. 

This will become more of a factor in the future as I get older.

I really like Canadian Tire and the Beer Store. I don’t get the Tim Horton’s thing though, although I go there on occasion. 

A&W in Canada is also far better than in the US. I miss some college football coverage in Canada, but a new satellite dish will help solve that issue. 

I am still not a big hockey fan.

I had to take a Hunter Safety course and firearms courses for hunting and gun ownership. 

I also took a boating course for my operator's license. 

I was the oldest person in all my classes but learned a few things after a lifetime of those pursuits.

I could go on and on but the bottom line is that I am very pleased with my move to Canada. 

Once I fully retire I doubt I even go back to the US beyond an occasional visit to see old friends. 

Life is good here in Canada, and statistically speaking, my life expectancy increased by 4 years.

Mark McClain

No comments:

Post a Comment