Some people have opinions, and some people have convictions......! What we offer is PERSPECTIVE!

(For example!)

THE LEFT WING IS CRAZY. THE RIGHT WING SCARES THE SHIT OUT OF ME!

Tuesday 12 January 2021

What made your jaw drop the first time you visited Canada?

Allan

I came to Edmonton in 1969 having left a society of anger and division south of the border for the last time from the darkness and ignorance of Alabama and was welcomed by friendly decent and curious Canadians who were curious about where I had lived before emigrating. 

Imagine, 50 years later I see behind me the virulent fanaticism of this ghastly Alabama worse, and like a melanoma spreading today with the rise of Trumpism, far worse than the dark era I had walked away from for good back then.

I love Canadians now as then. It does far more than make me open-mouthed. It makes me astonished at my joy and pride to have come here and to be a part of a free society.


A society where women and men are equal, where race and religion and gender orientation are protected and the treatment of women as reproductive vessels with no rights has no play in Canada and shall never be. 


Long Live Canada!


Neil Fiertel

No comments:

Post a Comment